Friday, January 12, 2018

CAS-ual Friday's Special Blog Post


Hello, and woo hoo!!!  I am so excited for today as I am up on the CAS-ual Friday Stamps Blog with my Stamping Mentor... Virginia Lu!!!! EEEKKK!!!!  When I first discovered blogging I some how discovered Virginia's blog around the same time, and I've been amazed by her work every since.  Not only have I enjoyed learning and being inspired from and by her, she is also one of the kindest crafter around.  She has offered me advice, encouragement and kind words at times I'm sure she never even realized they were most needed.  So when Michele had the wonderful idea of having us invite crafting friends/idols to join us for a blog post I instantly thought of her... and she said yes!

For our post we decided to use the Puffy Heart Love and the Floating Stamp Sets, and the challenge of using the Emboss Resist Technique.  To see what we both have created you need to head over to the CAS-ual Friday Blog, but I can show you my card...


For my card I heat embossed my hot air balloon and the sentiment with white embossing powder.  For a two tone effect I heat embossed smaller heart images in a rose gold embossing powder.  I then used two different techniques for my emboss resist.  First, I tried watercoloring with my Spectrum Noir Aqua Pens and a water brush, but I felt like the colors I had laid on were too light and weren't helping the images stand out, so I went for option two.  I used a mix of various spray inks and a baby wipe, and rubber the inks across the front of the panel.  This added the more vibrant colors to my background, and really helped the whole thing pop.  Once the panel was completely dry I adhered it to a mat of gold foil cardstock and finally onto my cardbase.  While the Spectrum Noir Markers ended up being covered up I still loved the shimmer they left over the entire front of my card.

I hope you'll get a second to check out both of our cards over on their blog today, and thank you so much for visiting me!

And here is a special savings just for my readers...


Happy Crafting!
Lisa

No comments:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS