Friday, February 10, 2017

Hello Lovely... A Layout with DCWV

Hello!  Today I'm going to share a few step out photos on how my Ballerina Layout came together here and on the DCWV Blog...


First I want to let you know which stacks I used: The Ultimate Tag Stack and the Happy Day Stack. I LOVE the Ultimate Tag Stack, and it is a must in my craft room because it is so versatile.  Plus, if you already own some DCWV stacks this is a great one to use for extra embellishments and more.

My first step was to work on my background.  I wanted to add some matching color to help my grid design and photos pop.  To do this I used Martha Stewart Gesso in White and Multi-Surface Pearl Paint in Pink Taffeta.  I also added a few gold streaks.  I applied all of this with a mix of my finger and an old gift card, but if you don't like the mess feel free to break out some brushes.  Once this was all dry I adhered it to gold foil striped paper from the Happy Day Stack and then onto a piece of Kraft.



Next, I created a grid design by trimming out similar panels from the Ultimate Tag Stack and lining them up on my background.



Finally, I added my photos onto a mix of patterned papers, tag, and a pink doily that came from the Paper Lace 6 x 6 Stack (this one is available at Michaels).  I then used various pieces from the stacks to fussy cut and adhere as embellishments.





Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Keep your eyes peeled for more projects and photos of the newest DCWV products that are arriving daily to your craft stores!

Happy Crafting!
Lisa

No comments:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS