Thursday, February 23, 2017

A DIY Fairytale Dream Cardmaking Kit


Hello! It is Lisa Lahiff here from the DCWV Social Media Design Team, and I have one Fairytale of a project to share with you today. When I was looking through my new stacks I came across the Fairytale Dreams Stack (available at JoAnns Stores) and I was inspired immediately! Not only is the stack full of beautiful patterns and sweet glitter designs, but it has a wonderful source of inspiration on it's front cover. You can always find these types of photos on the front covers of each stack, giving you new ideas and ways that the stack can be used. I was drawn to the pretty gift box, with what looked like a DIY card making kit on the inside. I decided to take this idea and make it my own. My daughter loves everything there is about fairytales and princesses, plus she loves to craft with me so I thought this would be the perfect gift for her!


Since I was making it for a child, I decided to switch the box to gift bags, that eventually were turned into purses.  Because, let's face it every Princess needs a purse to carry with her.  Both purses were made out of card stock found in the Stack and with the help of my Cricut® Explore Air2.  Tip: When cutting this type of cardstock I set my machine right in between the poster board and bonded fabric cut setting to ensure a clean cut, especially on the glitter card stock sheets.  

The card kit was the next thing to come together.  I started by selecting my card stock and the pieces I would use to create embellishments.



And these are the pieces that ended up being included in the kit.




Isn't it amazing how much I was able to get out of this stack?  And I still have half the stack left to use!  LOVE it!  And here is a peek at all of these things put together and being used by my own little princess...



And I would have to say that this DIY Card kit was a success!

I can't wait to see what inspires you when you create with your DCWV Stacks!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

No comments:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS