Monday, December 19, 2016

Aloha...

Yep, I'm posting a warm, summer, vacationy card in the middle of December... Why, you might ask?  Cause it's my blog and I can post if I want too hehehe! Really it's because I really wanted to play along in the Anything Goes Mix it Up Challenge happening on the Sugar Pea Designs Blog and I needed something to warm me up...


Another fun thing about this card is that it gave me a chance to try a technique I have only done maybe once, a year or two ago?  To create this card I started by inking a panel with versa mark ink and heating it up with gold embossing powder.  I then redid this around four times until the embossing powder was nice and thick.  While it was still warm I smooshed the crap out of my pineapple stamp :), and ta-da!  I finished it off by trimming it, adding my sentiment at the top with Versafine ink and paneling it in black and pink cardstock.  I LOVE it!  And while the picture is cool, it is so much cooler in person!

Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my blog today!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Set Used: Pineapple Paradise by Sugar Pea Designs

3 comments:

Leslie Germain said...

Love the pineapple!!

Celeste Goff said...

This is just beautiful Lisa! Love that pretty embossed gold panel!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lisa the gold pineapple is fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us at SugarPea Designs this month!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS