Sunday, June 21, 2015

Winnie and Walter Rerun Challenge

Hello!  Happy Father's Day to my amazing husband, my Dad and my Father - in - law.  I am so blessed to have so many amazing, kind, and supportive men in my life.  Today I am popping in quickly to share a card I created for the current Winnie and Walter Rerun Challenge.  This is the first rerun challenge they've had, and while I do not own the Parentville sets it also said you could create something inspired by the design team in that post.  Of course there was lots of inspiration to be had, but my eyes kept landing on the clean design of Heather Hoffman's first card "Congratulations Soon to be Mother,"  and since a couple of Father's day cards had still needed to be made I thought it was perfect.  Here is a look at my take on Heather's Card....


and here is Heather's Card:






I'm sure you can see many of the elements that inspired my in this card, from the woodgrain to the layout, as well as the stamping of lighter in the background to darker in the foreground for my sentiment.  I went with more masculine colors as well as a staple to hold on my twine instead of a bow.  The sequins also resemble more of a washer type of look on my card.

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Echo Park This & That
Stamps: Winnie and Walter The Big The Bold and The Happy
Ink: PTI
Die: MFT
Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh

Thank you so very much for stopping by and Happy Crafting!!!
Lisa

2 comments:

jessica said...

LOVE your take on the inspiration!
Awesome job!

Winnie & Walter said...

Very handsome card and a wonderful take on Heather's card! Thank you so much for being part of our first Rerun challenge. :-)

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS