Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Gone Fishin' Layout and new Magicals Technique

Hello!  Today you will find me sharing a cute layout of my husband with our youngest on her first time fishing here and on the Nani Ke Ola Blog... I'm also going to share a new technique I used with my Magicals to create my own patterned paper.  First let's see the layout...



To recreate this look you will need watercolor cardstock, Magicals by Lindy's Stamp Gang, a Stencil, Paint Brush, Mini Mister, and a Baby Wipe.  I adhered my stencil to the watercolor cardstock with washi tape to keep it from moving.  Next I spritz the whole paper with water in my mini mister ( any spray bottle will work ).  I then dipped my paintbrush into my magical powder, one at a time, and tapped it onto the openings in the stencil.  I did this randomly with various colors until each butterfly in my stencil had some of the Magicals pigment on it.  I spritzed the stencil one more time and then gently went over each butterfly with a wet baby wipe.  Slowly remove the stencil and ta - da!  I love when I can create my own designs like this, and if I were going for a more specific color pallet I could work with just one or two colors.

I was also inspired by the Paper Issues: Mister Fix It Challenge

Thanks so much for stopping by today and Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Heidi Swapp Mixed Company
Magicals: Lindys Stamp Gang in Boardwalk
Stencil: Prima Marketing and 7 Dots Studio
Embellishments: Pretty Little Studio - Holiday Phrase Strips, Elle's Studio - Letters and Numbers in Teal, Pinkfresh Studios - Foil Diecuts, Heidi Swapp - Mixed Company Ephemera

7 comments:

Samantha Mann said...

Wow! Such a pretty layout!! Those butterflies are soooooo pretty! And I just love all of the color and happiness!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the pictures, and your positioning of them- how wonderful! Fantastic page- just love the backdrop too!

jessica said...

Precious!!!!!!!
LOVE those pics!

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet layout!

Ruth G said...

I love the butterflies! They just add so much beauty to this sweet layout! Congratulations for being a featured fan at Paper Issues! I'm glad your project was shared so that I could see it and be inspired by it!

*Vicki* said...

AWE!! Just as sweet as can be!! Love the butterflies too! :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fabulous layout and design, love them.

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS