Sunday, March 6, 2011

My First Banner!!! And 5 challenges, boo ya!

I finally did it! I made my first banner, and I have to say I LOVE it!!!  ( Oh no, I feel another addiction coming on! hehehe! )



First, for the banner itself I used the B is for Boy Lite Cartridge in two shades of green.  The Irish Characters come from the Simply Charmed Cartridge, and were bedazzled with some gold stickles ( every flag of the banner has one gold stickle on the bottom of it ).  The letters were made using the Tie The Knot Cartridge in a gold textured paper that I have had in my stash for quite sometime.  I also used some shamrock stickers on random letters throughout the banner.  The banner says " LUCK O' THE IRISH ", and being an Irish family I found this to be most appropriate to hang in our house!  To tie it all together ( both figuratively and literally ) I used a green shiny organza ribbon from the Ribbon Boutique.

Now for some yummy challenges that this project is going into:
Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #19 - use green ribbon on a project
Kleirrs Kreation - National Craft Month
Paper Variety Challenge - use the color green on 50% of your project
Crafting with Christina Challenge #18 - Make something using a St. Patty's Day Theme and the color green
Throw back Thursday Challenge - use an older cart and St. Patty's Day Theme

Please go check out these challenge sites for more inspiration!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

17 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great banner! Nice getting all the challenges in!

XXOO AMY said...

no way? a St Patty's Banner?! brilliant! love that cricut cartridge! thanks for playing along with TPV!

eeb said...

Like it.

Amanda Villarreal said...

So cute! What a great idea!

by the way, this comment textbook is right next to your pic and I see your a Bengals fan! WOOP WOOP for Ohioans! Im from Cincinnati. :)

Thanks for joining us at Crafting With Cristina

Abby said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!!!! LOVE it!!!Thank you for entering Throwback Thursdays with My Creative Time!!

DT member, Abby

mustangkayla said...

What a fun fun banner!

Yara said...

Wow! You rocked this challenge with this so fun banner! Love all the images you used! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Paper Variety!

Suzy Nurmainy said...

Fun banner! way to go! great take on the challenge! Thanks for sharing your green banner with us at The Paper Variety! :)

Kitty said...

Wow! How cute is that! I wish I had you around to make my St. Pat's decorations (^_^)

Rachel said...

Awesome banner! I'm attempting my first one later this week! Yours came out great :] I have an award for you at my blog- http://livelaughcraft09.blogspot.com/2011/03/blog-awards.html

Glora said...

Awesome banner! What a fun decoration to have for years to come. Amazing job! Thanks for joining us for Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge! Hugs - Glora

Year 2 said...

so cool! I think I might develop an addiction to banners too!

New follower :-)

patti west said...

Wicked cute banner!!! Sounds like you really enjoyed making it too, which makes it even better! :) :) Thanks for playing w/us at The Paper Variety!

CricutLvr!! said...

Super cute banner. Love all the work and detail you put into making this!! Looks great!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Crafting with Cristina. Good luck!!

Bonnie Garby said...

Terrific banner. You did a great job! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Anonymous said...

So nice... cute...

Thanks for playing with us at CTO...

IVette

Tinker Planet said...

Awesome project!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS